Tuesday 15 September 2015

Secure your Online Accounts


You probably use a secure and unique passwords securely protect their accounts, but is that enough? This page provides a checklist of safety tips to keep your accounts safe and secure online.

You probably use a secure and unique passwords for hackers to prevent the control of your online accounts, but is that enough? Maybe, but I can not say enough confidence because my Google and Facebook have in the past despite using very complex passwords that can not be easily guessed committed.
Like most people, I have a few dozen online accounts and have spent the last days of the valuation of the options and restore them. In response, I made a few extra steps, as listed below, which I believe can contribute to the overall security of these accounts. If you find something useful in the list, try the application on your own workflow for better piece of mind.
A checklist of security for online accounts

# 1 'Ve activate the setting in Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, Google and all the other online services that require a secure HTTP support "Always use https". This is especially important when accessing the Internet through a Wi-Fi network, because without HTTPS, everyone (not just expert hacker) can capture your login information with Firesheep, a simple Firefox extension.
# 2 I have a few Google accounts, and they all now the 2-step verification. This means that if someone tries to access my Google account from a different computer, you must write additional code that is sent directly to my phone as a text message or voice call.
# 3 2-stage test can also warn of hacker activity. If I ever have a SMS (or a voice call) from Google with the verification code, but ask for one, it is an immediate indication that someone knows my password, even if you are not able to enter without the confirmation code.
# 4 Connected have my phone number with my Facebook account. This is extremely important because I an instant text message and e-mail notification on every access to my Facebook account from another computer or another phone.
# 5 I carefully checked the websites of third parties who have access to my accounts online and revoke access to all the unwanted applications that you no longer use. If you want to do the same with your bills, here are the direct links to Facebook, Google and Twitter.
. # 6 I maintain two email addresses - one appears in public blogs and other e-mail to few known. Why?
6A. The address is public e-mail services like Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Foursquare, LinkedIn, Flickr, Tumblr, Posterous, Skype and a few other social sites want people to find me when my e-mail address in associates your address book.
6b. I use the other direction "secret" e-mail services like Dropbox, Amazon, Google Apps, my bank, my hosting, Apple iTunes, PayPal and some other places where security even more critical account and where I am not going to get Social Search .
# 7 If I. Testing a new online service, almost always to create a test account with this service with disposable e-mail address Reject Some online services to avoid disposable addresses to false records, but the one I use, going through, as it is only an alias (nickname) my primary e-mail address.
# 8 Do you prefer a virtual credit card with shopping sites I use fine with for the first time or if the fine print too long and there is a risk that I re-charged if I do not cancel the account. This also helps to keep my credit card relatively unknown websites.
# 9 Occasionally I with my accounts online drill at large to the various recovery options that will be if I forgot my password or lose test access to my e-mail address secondary or loss of my cell phone.
. No. 10 final point - as I can remember and so to manage multiple passwords?
Some people prefer password manager, which are very convenient to use, but at this point, all I use a simple one-page document (see example) to get the information to all my online accounts and corresponding passwords . save This file is password protected and I do, so that the information available on Dropbox on all my computers.
This may surprise some, but I also have a copy of this file, as the family members can see when I'm traveling and need immediate access to all my online accounts access. Also, since they would need my phone to my Gmail account or Google, I've been reviewing included backup codes in the printed document itself - hence Google account can be used without a phone.
One more thing. If you have two e-mail accounts, never an e-mail address as a secondary email (or restore) the other set. This is because if one of your email accounts is compromised, the hacker can easily take on another account.

No comments: