Wednesday 19 November 2014

Will Have No Negative Words or Thoughts All Day

                          



                                   One of the drawbacks of all of the attention that 366 Random Acts has been getting is the anonymous posters on this blog and other media outlets that think I am doing my kindness mission for personal gain or benefit. Luckily, I am able to laugh at the comments because I know in my heart why I am doing this. I wish that I had the ability to find every person who has written a negative comment and perform a random act of kindness for them. This way, rather than spreading negativity, they can pay it forward and help to promote kindness and positivity. I will say, though, that I am not guilt free when it comes to making negative comments or negative anonymous posts. Until I was in this position, I never really thought of the impact that my internet comments could have on people. So from this day forward, I am not going to comment on any story unless it is positive and/or constructive. However, for today's random act of kindness, I am going to take it one step further. For the whole day, I refuse to allow negative thoughts to come into my mind or negative words come out of my mouth. If any sort of cattiness, disparaging remarks, or overall negativity comes into my mind, I am going to think about my family and friends to immediately change my tune. I refuse to allow myself to make anyone's day worse due to my words or actions. Sarcasm and cynicism be damned too. Today, my world is going to be 100% positive, and I challenge everyone reading this blog to do the same. Let's all try to make the world a more positive place by eliminating the thoughts and words that bring us and others down. 

No comments: